Is it true that youth are lazy, or is it simply that the elders don't want to retire to give youth job opportunities?

Shining Light

JF-Expert Member
Jan 8, 2024
Not to be rude or anything, but I feel like our elders really need to start thinking about retiring. Gosh, I swear employment has been hectic.

They come up with the excuse that youth don't want to work, they are lazy, and they lack creativity to grasp opportunities. However, we have witnessed during practical training that most of them don't want to leave their spots or transfer their skills.

Lack of experienced skills can cause major issues, especially in our country, where internships are meant to provide youth with opportunities to work and learn more about their interests

===========

Africa is the youngest continent with 60% of its population being under the age of twenty five (25) . In Tanzania, youth (15-35 years) account for 34.7 percent of the total population , making it one of the countries with the youngest population in the world.

This reality provides a huge potential for youth to champion data generation and use to drive sustainable development in Tanzania, however, this potential has not been fully utilized due to the existing gaps such as unemployment and low level of education, this is to mention but a few.

With a 13.4% rate, unemployment constitutes a critical challenge for young Tanzanians to progress with the existing development frameworks, and this is mostly caused by skills mismatch and barriers to information on the current trends and job/employment opportunities they come along with, and as a result limiting the fulfillment of their transformational potential for the country’s development.

In this context, promoting the Tanzanian youth’s capacity to use data effectively and efficiently, youth can curb unemployment by generating value out of data, and through data-driven initiatives and job opportunities for themselves and others to contribute in addressing national socioeconomic challenges, improve their lives, and bring sustainable solutions to their communities.

Source: The Tanzania Youth Data Strategy 2018-2023

Not to be rude or anything, but I feel like our elders really need to start thinking about retiring. Gosh, I swear employment has been hectic.

They come up with the excuse that youth don't want to work, they are lazy, and they lack creativity to grasp opportunities. However, we have witnessed during practical training that most of them don't want to leave their spots or transfer their skills.

Lack of experienced skills can cause major issues, especially in our country, where internships are meant to provide youth with opportunities to work and learn more about their interests
I thought you will provide data based evidence!
You might be tanzanian

I am Tanzanian, but since you seem to know too much u can share your data based if myopinion is wrong
I knew you will be Tanzanian !! We are good in talking things from air no data no statistic!!

Well that heading suit most for political field!
We have average age for employment retirement?? does that not available in this country??

But in politics that is very true….

I knew you will be Tanzanian !! We are good in talking things from air no data no statistic!!

Well that heading suit most for political field!
We have average age for employment retirement?? does that not available in this country??

But in politics that is very true….
Well not on air, it's a pure opinion that was taken consideration after observing my surroundings

===========

Africa is the youngest continent with 60% of its population being under the age of twenty five (25) . In Tanzania, youth (15-35 years) account for 34.7 percent of the total population , making it one of the countries with the youngest population in the world.

This reality provides a huge potential for youth to champion data generation and use to drive sustainable development in Tanzania, however, this potential has not been fully utilized due to the existing gaps such as unemployment and low level of education, this is to mention but a few.

With a 13.4% rate, unemployment constitutes a critical challenge for young Tanzanians to progress with the existing development frameworks, and this is mostly caused by skills mismatch and barriers to information on the current trends and job/employment opportunities they come along with, and as a result limiting the fulfillment of their transformational potential for the country’s development.

In this context, promoting the Tanzanian youth’s capacity to use data effectively and efficiently, youth can curb unemployment by generating value out of data, and through data-driven initiatives and job opportunities for themselves and others to contribute in addressing national socioeconomic challenges, improve their lives, and bring sustainable solutions to their communities.

Source: The Tanzania Youth Data Strategy 2018-2023
Gentleman 💪👊

actually,
I'm not sure, if it is not true or not, to what you have said on youth and elders concerning Job opportunities....

but it is very important to have national dialogue on the issue, because that sense among youth and elders on job opportunities is becoming popular as days goes. we should not wait until things got worse....

Otherwise,
thank you for your revolutionary and visionary idea and dissections of issues which are very relevant and meaningful regardless of it's weaknesses in data...

constructive and deconstructive criticisms on the issues we always raise as youth, must give us more energy to speak much about it, to write and talk very much on it, so that the voice of voiceless youths to be heard..

Once again,
its more importantly, to have dialogue on the issue job opportunities in regards of generations, so as to move on together as a country and to transform the country to the next level of development 🐒

Back
Top Bottom