If we all end up dying, what is the purpose of living?

Bavaria

JF-Expert Member
Jun 14, 2011
Do not comment on opinions, be honest.

=======

There is no purpose of living.

We just happen to be in a Goldilocks planet called earth that supports life. We are lucky the dinosaurs went extinct which enabled us humans to thrive. Through the process of genetic mutations and crossovers, humans developed this level of intelligence that questions the purpose of our being.

Newsflash, there is none. Just kick back, sip your kiroba and wait for your end of days.

Now, the other scenario is to assume God exists and has brought us here on earth with a purpose.

Think of it this way:
God the Almighty, in His infinite wisdom, would grab some souls from his chambers in heaven, put these souls in vessels (our bodies) and release them on earth (His magnificent planet).

He would let us (body & soul) languish in hardship and pain to eek a living, day in day out, on this planet - some of us polluting it to a point of not being able to support life anymore.

Then, many many years later these vessels (bodies) would meet with deadly accidents or contract debilitating and painful diseases and die. When we die we leave the vessels (bodies) behind on earth and God will take his souls back to his chambers in heaven.

WHAT KIND OF A SICK JOKE IS THIS? Why didn't he just leave these souls there in the first place?
Look, you can believe, worship and seek solace in God. This is a very good COPPING MECHANISM for humans.

It is only for this purpose would I entertain this philosophical discourse about the purpose of life.

Kuna andiko kwenye kitabu cha MHUBIRI linasema "Hata ile hali ya kuishi milele bila kufa bado ingali ndani yetu ila kwa jinsi tusivyoweza kuivumbua kazi ya MUNGU hatujui".

Ila lengo/purpose ya kuishi liko wakati mtu anaishi sio mwisho wa kuishi. Ndo maana kuna walimu, madaktari, wahasibu na wahandisi, wanasiasa na kazi nyingine za haki labda lengo la mtu kuishi ni kuwa katika ujuzi au fani flani kwa ajili ya kutenda jambo flani kwenye jamii litakalopelekea mabadiliko chanya kwenye jamii na ulimwengu.

"I said at the beginning of this ramble that life is meaningless. It was not a flippant assertion.-I think it’s absurd: the idea of seeking “meaning” in the set of circumstances that happens to exist after 13.8 billion years worth of unguided events.-Leave it to humans to think the universe has a purpose for them. However, I am no nihilist. I am not even a cynic. I am, actually, rather romantic. And here’s my idea of romance:

You will soon be dead. Life will sometimes seem long and tough and, god, it’s tiring. And you will sometimes be happy and sometimes sad. And then you’ll be
old. And then you’ll be dead.

There is only one sensible thing to do with this empty existence, and that is: fill it. Not fillet. Fill. It.

And in my opinion (until I change it), life is best filled by learning as much as you can about as much as you can, taking pride in whatever you’re doing, having compassion, sharing ideas, running(!), being enthusiastic. And then there’s love, and travel, and wine, and sex, and art, and kids, and giving, and mountain climbing … but you know all that stuff already.

Tim Minchin

Cheka, lia, furahia, chukia, piga, pigwa, tukana, jifunze, busara, oa, olewa, kuwa peke ako, tafuta marafiki, fanya kazi, fuata taratibu, iba ibiwa, chepuka, umiza watu kimapenzi, yani takataka zote za kidunia ukiweza fanya tu. Mwisho wa siku unakufa, hakuna cha ziada

Tusidanganyane kuna maisha baada ya kifo, ukifa umekufa, unaoza, mzunguko unaendelea hivyo yani.

Tupo ili tuishi.

Ova.

Sawa housegirl , lakini kwa fumbo kubwa kama hili, jibu lake ni gumu kwa kuwa aliyekuwepo mwanzo hakuacha "maana" ambayo vizazi na vizazi tungejua... so cha msingi kuka bhata mwanzo mwisho, kwa kadri ya uwezo wako, siku yako ikifika, UNAKUFA! Kwa namna yoyote ile, unefwa du, tehena kingiiiii

Last edited by a moderator: