English Language 101 CLUB

McCollum

JF-Expert Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hello, ladies and gentlemen I'd like to welcome you all to this English language 101 Club. This club is for those who want to learn English language and excel.

We are sometimes tirelessly struggling to learn this language (Eng-L) but our struggles yield to nothing, worry out you are not wholly alone, let's get together and learn.

images (4).jpeg

It does not matter what you think of yourself when it comes to learning I hope you get to the point where you are not anymore ashamed of your English language fluency.

No blackmailing intended, our interaction is what can help us reach our goal.

I am thankful for your cooperation, it means a lot for the club. I hope to see your replies and tips for the growth of this club. I could have tagged you along this post reply but I am afraid I am still learning to use the codes that can achieve that.

But I am grateful you are here. I know it's hard to learn on your own and that's why we are here together, at moment I am reading a book called Cathy Away by Yvonne Mitchell just to get myself sorted.

You can share with us the books you read in the past, or you might as well share the ones you are currently reading just to motivate us.

Hey I am back again!
I thought maybe it'd save a hustle to be open before you guys, I am struggling to have what seems to me as a 'nice accent' whenever I speak English Language.

There are many times I decided to stop speaking because I could hear myself sound like a 'mispelling machine'. I was wondering if you could give some tips about speaking skills that could in one way or another sharpen my speaking skills.

I am tired of the mistakes I repeatedly make whenever I speak English language. Hope to see your replies soon.

I am thankful for your cooperation, it means a lot for the club. I hope to see your replies and tips for the growth of this club. I could have tagged you along this post reply but I am afraid I am still learning to use the codes that can achieve that.
But I am grateful you are here. I know it's hard to learn on your own and that's why we are here together, at moment I am reading a book called Cathy Away by Yvonne Mitchell just to get myself sorted.
You can share with us the books you read in the past, or you might as well share the ones you are currently reading just to motivate us.
I'm grateful to find this thread, still I'm not competent enough in English, though I'm public servant. I hope will get something through your experience. Can you please share the softcopy of mentioned

Mr mzizi1 I don't have a softcopy of that book, it 's a hard copy. But worry out if I get to spot the softcopy somewhere online I'd be back here.

Today's Tip from Liam (from Internet).
I was somewhere browsing when I got to see this and I hope it helps.It 's about where to use Less and where to use Fewer

Less vs. Fewer​

These are often confused by native speakers, also. In fact, when I go to the supermarket, I see the sign that says “Less than 10 items in the express lane.” Actually, this is incorrect! It should be “Fewer than 10 items in the express lane.” “Fewer” is for countable items, and “less” is for non-countable items. For example:

I have less money today than I did yesterday.
I have fewer dollars today than I did yesterday.

Dollars are countable, but money is non-countable.

Fluency without exposure is nothing, no matter how you learn grammar, read aloud, and listen English speakers.
Your sentence was supposed to be this way " Fluency in English language without exposure is nothing, no matter how long you learn about grammar, read English books/texts and listen to native English speakers"

You are welcome