Failure Quotes

CHASHA FARMING

JF-Expert Member
Jun 4, 2011
We're giving our freedoms away. The American experiment was about freedom. Freedom to be stupid, freedom to fail, freedom to succeed.
Glenn Beck - Freedom - America - Stupid - Fail - Success

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.
Andrew Carnegie - Money - Rich - Failure

The current perception I get from the evening news is that the world is dominated by human failure, crime, catastrophe, corruption, and tragedy. We are all tuning in to see how the human mind is evolving, but the media keeps hammering home the opposite, that the human mind is mired in darkness and folly.
Deepak Chopra - Media - Failure - Negative

If we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided all will fail.
Winston Churchill - Failure - Partnership - Strength

It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because... All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.
Mark Cuban - Business - Luck - Failure

The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn't like to do.
Thomas Edison - Failure - Commitment - Success

Succeeding is not really a life experience that does that much good. Failing is a much more sobering and enlightening experience.
Michael Eisner - Success - Failure - Life

Insofar as Zionism sought to solve the Jewish question, it must be reckoned not just a failure but a catastrophe: Israel is the main cause of anti-Semitism in the world today.
Norman Finkelstein - Israel - Zionism - Jewish - Failure - Anti-Semitism

The man who has won millions at the cost of his conscience is a failure.
BC Forbes - Rich - Failure - Greed

The man who has done his level best, and who is conscious that he has done his best, is a success, even though the world may write him down as a failure.
BC Forbes - Failure - Success - Work

Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Henry Ford - Failure - Opportunity

Everyone agrees that the failure of our high schools is tragic. It’s bad business, and it’s bad policy. But we act as if it can’t be helped. It can be helped. We designed these high schools; we can redesign them.
Melinda Gates - Help - Failure - Change - Education

If they don’t fail outright, most businesses fail to fully achieve their potential. That’s because the person who owns the business doesn’t truly know how to build a company that works without him or her.. which is the key.
Michael Gerber - Business - Achievement - Failure

Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive.
Andrew Grove - Success - Failure

You have to pretend you're 100 percent sure. You have to take action; you can't hesitate or hedge your bets. Anything less will condemn your efforts to failure.
Andrew Grove - Failure - Action - Confidence

Peace was the one thing that Max (Ernst) needed in order to paint, and love was the one thing I needed in order to live. As neither of us gave the other what he most desired, our union was doomed to failure.
Peggy Guggenheim - Peace - Love - Failure - Marriage

Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.
Stephen Hawking - Human Race - Possible - Communication - Ideas - Achievement - Failures - Hope - Technology - Talk

When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
Napoleon Hill - Defeat - Attitude - Failure - Planning - Goals - Motivational

Before success in any man's life he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do.
Napoleon Hill - Success - Failure - Quitting - Defeat

Surviving a failure gives you more self-confidence. Failures are great learning tools.. but they must be kept to a minimum.
Jeffrey Immelt - Survival - Confidence - Self Esteem - Failure - Learning

I've learned so many things and a lot of things I've learned the hard way. I look at failure as education in that respect I'm very well educated.
Kathy Ireland - Learning - Failure
- Education

Failure is a word I don't accept.
John H. Johnson - Failure - Motivational

There was never any fear for me, no fear of failure. If I miss a shot, so what?
Michael Jordan - Sports - Fear - Failure

I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot.. when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.
Michael Jordan - Sports - Failure - Negative - Positive

The collapse of Enron and the subsequent collapse of Arthur Andersen were tremendous tragedies. But as I stated at the time of my indictment on July 8, 2004, failure does not equate to a crime.
Kenneth Lay - Failure

Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.
Abraham Lincoln - Politicians - Failure - Success

Let it never be said by future generations that indifference, cynicism or selfishness made us fail to live up to the ideals of humanism which the Nobel Peace Prize encapsulates. Let the strivings of us all, prove Martin Luther King Jr. to have been correct, when he said that humanity can no longer be tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war.
Nelson Mandela - Peace - Inspirational - Human Rights - Selfish - Failure - Ideals
- War

Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.
Og Mandino - Obstacles - Success - Selling - Victory - Struggle - Important - Career - Failure

Many succumb to despair and fail without realizing that they already possess all the tools needed to acquire great wealth.
Og Mandino - Failure - Wealth - Despair - Giving Up

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino - Success - Failure - Determination - Encouragement

I'm 48. For a while after 'The Jerk' (movie) I had a feeling of failure. I was a little scared. First people discover you and they love you. You get big and then you fail. And people are glad that you fail. But I've always come back and I've started to trust myself.
Steve Martin - Famous - Criticism - Failure - Trust

With engineering, I view this year's failure as next year's opportunity to try it again. Failures are not something to be avoided. You want to have them happen as quickly as you can so you can make progress rapidly.
Gordon Moore - Learning - Technology - Challenges - Failure

Intelligent media companies strive to provide both intellectual and comedy programs, groundbreaking and reflective articles, art house and popular movies. Not to be open minded in providing a full range of quality media would be a failure to serve the breadth and depth of the communities we live in.
Lachlan Murdoch - Media - Culture - Products
- Failure - Intelligent - Diversity

All forms of government ultimately are not going to succeed in trying to control or censor the Internet.
Rupert Murdoch - Government - Internet - Fail

All across the world, in every kind of environment and region known to man, increasingly dangerous weather patterns and devastating storms are abruptly putting an end to the long-running debate over whether or not climate change is real. Not only is it real, it's here, and its effects are giving rise to a frighteningly new global phenomenon: the man-made natural disaster.
Barack Obama - Environmental - Global Warming - Climate Change - World - Fear - Failure

Today we're seeing that climate change is about more than a few unseasonably mild winters or hot summers. It's about the chain of natural catastrophes and devastating weather patterns that global warming is beginning to set off around the world.. the frequency and intensity of which are breaking records thousands of years old.
Barack Obama - Environmental - Global Warming - Climate Change - Failure - World

The issue of climate change is one that we ignore at our own peril. There may still be disputes about exactly how much we're contributing to the warming of the earth's atmosphere and how much is naturally occurring, but what we can be scientifically certain of is that our continued use of fossil fuels is pushing us to a point of no return. And unless we free ourselves from a dependence on these fossil fuels and chart a new course on energy in this country, we are condemning future generations to global catastrophe.
Barack Obama - Environmental - Global Warming - Action - Climate Change - World - Freedom - America - Failure

I've always believed that it's important to show a new look periodically. Predictability can lead to failure.
T. Boone Pickens - Belief - Change - Failure

We all have to decide how we are going to fail.. by not going far enough or by going too far.
Sumner Redstone - Decisions - Challenges - Risk - Failure

Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.
Sumner Redstone - Challenges
- Failure - Success - Frustration

The mistake made by all previous systems of ethics has been the failure to recognize that life as such is the mysterious value with which they have to deal. All spiritual life meets us within natural life. Reverence for life, therefore, is applied to natural life and spiritual life alike. In the parable of Jesus, the shepherd saves not merely the soul of the lost sheep but the whole animal. The stronger the reverence for natural life, the stronger grows also that for spiritual life.
Albert Schweitzer - Spiritual - Mystery - Life - Philosophy - Mistakes - Failure - Nature - Reverence - Jesus - Soul - Strength

Happy is the man who can endure the highest and lowest fortune. He who has endured such vicissitudes with equanimity has deprived misfortune of its power.
Seneca - Happiness - Failure - Success

Some people are destroyed by their first failure, while others are destroyed by their first major success. So let's have successes in small amounts, leading up to being able to be successful.
Jose Silva - Failure - People
- Success

Sometimes when a person is too successful too rapidly, he goes off in all directions, and doesn't know how to cope with it. We say do not be ruined by your first failure, or spoiled by your first success.
Jose Silva - Failure
- Success

I do not know how history will judge me, but let me say that I’ve spent a lot of time and energy trying to transform the Tatas from a patriarchal concern to an institutional enterprise. It would, therefore, be a mark of failure on my part if it were perceived that Ratan Tata epitomises the Group’s success. What I have done is establish growth mechanisms, play down individuals and play up the team that has made the companies what they are. I, for one, am not the kind who loves dwelling on the ‘I’. If history remembers me at all, I hope it will be for this transformation.
Ratan Tata - India - Tata Group -

Back
Top Bottom