What do we learn from UK General Election?

RayB

JF-Expert Member
Nov 27, 2009
So we now all know that David Cameron together with his group of fellow Tories have won the election by an unexpected majority. At this time, he is having an audience with Her Majesty the Queen.

But the most interesting thing for me is the resignations of three opposition leaders. They have accepted that they have failed and public chose the Tories instead of them; unlike in Africa and more specific Tanzania, where we have party leaders who have been serial losers in every single election and they simply won't throw the towel and quit.

Public has said NO to them so many times but they still don't want to give other party members to have their go n leadership-they are the gods and think they own these parties.

That's politics in Tanzania!

To me, the thing to learn is never put all your trust in opinion polls because they don't count.

The only poll that counts is the one on election day.

Most opinion polls had this election neck and neck.

But when actual polls were tallied, David Cameron had what could be considered a landslide win.

Now he can form a government without a coalition.

So, so much for opinion polls.

They are just that: opinion polls.

I said before few days ago that the torries will be back no wonder they are back.

They now say David Cameron's sniper has taken down a hat-trick of party leader, Nick Clegg, Nigel Farage and the most under fire Ed Miliband.