Mwanza: Rostam Azizi's initial construction bid secures the contract for erecting a brand-new passenger terminal building

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
Taifa Mining & Civils Limited, a construction enterprise owned by Tanzanian mogul Rostam Azizi, clinched a contract to construct a new passenger terminal at Mwanza airport.

Formerly known as Caspian Limited, the Class 1 civil contractor sealed the deal with the Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) this Thursday. Rostam's company has a 10-month timeline for completion.

Renowned for its mining expertise, Taifa is a major player in Tanzania's mining sector, specializing in site construction, contract mining, and mine rehabilitation. Last year, it acquired a 50% stake in Tanzania's Williamson Diamond Mine from Petra Diamonds for $15 million. With over two decades of experience as a mining contractor at the diamond mine and involvement in various construction projects across Tanzania, Taifa is well-positioned for the task.

TAA Director General Mussa Mbura anticipates Mwanza's transformation into an international airport by September next year upon completion of the terminal.

However, the journey to this milestone has been tumultuous. In 2019, President John Magufuli's directive to construct the terminal using the force account system led to a costly misstep. Mwanza regional authorities embarked on construction without TAA's oversight, resulting in budget overruns and delays.

President Samia Suluhu Hassan's intervention redirected the project to TAA's jurisdiction.

Recently, Mwanza Regional Commissioner Amos Makalla disparaged the unfinished project, likening it to a "supermarket" as he handed it over to TAA. Parliament members advocate for regulatory clarity, urging TAA to assume sole authority over airport construction projects nationwide. Meanwhile, TANROADS' involvement in airport terminal construction adds complexity, stemming from their expanded role during Magufuli's administration.

Taifa Mining & Civils Limited, a construction enterprise owned by Tanzanian mogul Rostam Azizi, clinched a contract to construct a new passenger terminal at Mwanza airport.

Formerly known as Caspian Limited, the Class 1 civil contractor sealed the deal with the Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) this Thursday. Rostam's company has a 10-month timeline for completion.

Renowned for its mining expertise, Taifa is a major player in Tanzania's mining sector, specializing in site construction, contract mining, and mine rehabilitation. Last year, it acquired a 50% stake in Tanzania's Williamson Diamond Mine from Petra Diamonds for $15 million. With over two decades of experience as a mining contractor at the diamond mine and involvement in various construction projects across Tanzania, Taifa is well-positioned for the task.

TAA Director General Mussa Mbura anticipates Mwanza's transformation into an international airport by September next year upon completion of the terminal.

However, the journey to this milestone has been tumultuous. In 2019, President John Magufuli's directive to construct the terminal using the force account system led to a costly misstep. Mwanza regional authorities embarked on construction without TAA's oversight, resulting in budget overruns and delays.

President Samia Suluhu Hassan's intervention redirected the project to TAA's jurisdiction.

Recently, Mwanza Regional Commissioner Amos Makalla disparaged the unfinished project, likening it to a "supermarket" as he handed it over to TAA. Parliament members advocate for regulatory clarity, urging TAA to assume sole authority over airport construction projects nationwide. Meanwhile, TANROADS' involvement in airport terminal construction adds complexity, stemming from their expanded role during Magufuli's administration.
what is the consulting company on this project?

The current company TAIFA MINING sholud dwell much on the state of art -workmaship on the finishing side,despite the modern systems,to mark it as an internstional airport. Wishing you a good Easter 2024

Back
Top Bottom