Tanzanian Boys and Girls, Come-Together, Raise Up your Voices to Say...!

English Learner

JF-Expert Member
Jan 1, 2012
I've very few minutes to write the lasting message to ALL Tanzanians especially YOUTH.

Girls & Boys wake-up, let us join the allies of our fellow Young Parliamentarians showing concern on Gas & Oil Sector (or simply energy sector).

The voice of Zitto unaided is less loud, January's hands alone can't act forcefully, nor a single brain of Mnyika suffice to craft a draft of the private proposal for the Policy.

JK, his Party, the cabinet and the whole government are the obsolete instruments to rely on for this life touching/changing endowment. At the moment they're absolutely confused with the multiple "falling-apart" issues. If they're being defeated on very simple matters that have Policies, Acts, Guidelines and Manuals what do you expect to happen if the catastrophe emerge out of completely unregulated but highly sensitive matter like Oil & Gas?

Simply, I mean, let us raise our voices together, let us hold our hands together and let us join our brains and in a unison say:

• STOP ALL UNDERGOING ACTIVITIES IN THE GAS & OIL SECTOR. We have good cases of how THEY smuggled our precious gold-sand while claiming to export for examination and THEY have never returned back our soil!
  • WE FIRSTLY AND URGENTLY NEED THE FRAMEWORK (POLICY, ACT, GUIDELINES, ETC) ON GAS & OIL BEFORE ANY FURTHER ATTEMPT IN THIS SECTOR
  • TELL MZEE WARIOBA AND HIS MAONI YA KATIBA TEAM THAT ANY CONTRACT IN THIS SECTOR SHOULD BE SCRUTINIZED THROUGH THE PARLIAMENT. ANYTHING DONE BEFORE SHOULD BE REVOKED AND CONSIDERED VOID!

Please, let us ALL act TODAY and NOT tomorrow!

English Learner
english.learnertz@gmail.com

Sawa sawia.....
And this should be our move....

• STOP ALL UNDERGOING ACTIVITIES IN THE GAS & OIL SECTOR. We have good cases of how THEY smuggled our precious gold-sand while claiming to export for examination and THEY have never returned back our soil!
  • WE FIRSTLY AND URGENTLY NEED THE FRAMEWORK (POLICY, ACT, GUIDELINES, ETC) ON GAS & OIL BEFORE ANY FURTHER ATTEMPT IN THIS SECTOR
  • TELL MZEE WARIOBA AND HIS MAONI YA KATIBA TEAM THAT ANY CONTRACT IN THIS SECTOR SHOULD BE SCRUTINIZED THROUGH THE PARLIAMENT. ANYTHING DONE BEFORE SHOULD BE REVOKED AND CONSIDERED VOID!

Please, let us ALL act TODAY and NOT tomorrow!

English Learner, Mheshimiwa Speaker aliyepita, kama kuna vitu vilimtoa kimojawapo ni hicho. Kuwa mtu amekulia pale ni nyumbani na vijukuu na vijukuu vimezaliwa hapo, na ardhi hiyo wamezikwa vizazi na vizazi na juu yake walikuwa wamekalia mali. Ghafla leo unakujha kudestroy that memory and history na kuclaim ardhi hiyo si yake, by simply compesanting a kitu cha kijinga kabisa cha kuhamisha umaskini wake kutoka kona moja kwenda nyingine? Kwa ibada ya mwekezaji na anaeabudiwa, na hatuoni maisha ya m-Tanzania huyu wala watu wengine wakibadilika? Na kizazi kijacho kitakuja kitakuta mali hizi zimekuwa exploited tayari hakuna akiba? Kwa maendleo gani hayo tunayokimbilia? Mbiyo zenyewe za kunyakua huendi popote?

Na ubishi wake na Mwanasheria mkuu ulikuwa wa wazi kabisa nadhani kama angekuwa Mbunge asingeunga mkono.

Unajua nini kinachotokea? Mrahaba sio kwa nchi tu, bali kwa viongozi pia, ndio maana wanaweza kununua nyumba ya Dollar laki saba tena sio Mkopo, na kwa ujinga akakana eti ni laki tatu, anaruka mavi anakanyaga mkojo bado ananuka?

Kwa hawa waliyoukumbatia utajiri, ni bomu la mtego, ukiwaona vijana wakichokozwa wanaharibu mali, si wajinga, ni matokeo nya kutokuwepo kwa usawa wa nafasi za kiuchumi na wachache kujifanya wana maamuzi na nchi hii na kuwakandamiza wengi walio wanyonge. na wangependa wengi tuwe wanyonge ili tuendelee kutawalika na kuambia "Mikataba ya uwekezaji ni siri"!!!!!! Siri ya nyumbani kwangu niliko kuweka ulinde? Alah huna adabu hata kidogo, juzi umekuja unanipigia magoti hapa nikupigie kura ili ukae hapo nyumbani kwangu usimamie halafu unaniambia makubaliano yako na fundi anaekarabati nyumba yangu au anaelima shamba loangu ni siri????

Malalamiko ya Mh Raisi Kikwete wakati anaingia madarakani yalikuwa halali kabisa, achilia mbali watu wanamlaumu na kusahau misimamo yake ya wazi. Shida ni Nchi hiii, kwa kivuli cha chama ambacho wachache wamejimilikisha, na kuhakikisha mambo hayaendi sawa kwa manufaa yao. Unadhani JK anavyoimarisha hii mifumo (Nguvu ya TAKUKURU, nguvu ya CAG hawa wote wanauwea wakupenya kulikokuwa kumewekwa sealed majeshi na Halmashauri na Watawala) ni juhudi za kukwepa mifumo iliyotekwa nyara na kuharibiwa ikiwemo ya Polisi iliyojaa uovu usioongeleka (si wote).

Ehe, how do we act now? what is the ACTION?
DO we sign a petition? do we march and chant?
Is there a seminar or a conference to attend?
are there reports to circulate fo the public au?
Napenda sana mambo kama haya dada yangu
Ila sasa hujasema tufanyeje. Au sisi ndio tupange?

1. Why shouldn't we invest in our own innovation/knowledge (adoption of technology) to be able to exploit our own resources, if not today but at least the coming generation?
2. Why shouldn't we be considerate of our future generation, make use of resources sustainably?
3. Why have we sold our freedom and allow to be colonized economically by the so called investors?
4. Why shouldn't the investment and returns be open? Why shouldn't the government have a strong hand?
5. When will our leaders stop kneel down in front of Europeans beg instead of negotiating, and smile even when they are insulted?
6. Where is the heart of our leaders? Why they don't want to be told the truth?
7. Is our current president at very high risk of dealing with this? Who is our next president?

Ehe, how do we act now? what is the ACTION?
DO we sign a petition? do we march and chant?
Is there a seminar or a conference to attend?
are there reports to circulate fo the public au?
Napenda sana mambo kama haya dada yangu
Ila sasa hujasema tufanyeje. Au sisi ndio tupange?

Mwali,
Thank you for a very nice and anticipated question. You'll note, for the first time I had to put my email under the post (see first post above). Though I expected this question, but I sincerely admit ignorance on the right approach to effect this. Hence, I call upon all committed YOUTH including Zitto, John Mnyika and Mwali to share experience on how can we forge this move into implementation/reality. This is SERIOUS.

Mwali,
Thank you for a very nice and anticipated question. You'll note, for the first time I had to put my email under the post (see first post above). Though I expected this question, but I'm ignorant of the right approach. Hence, I call upon all committed YOUTH including Zitto, John Mnyika and Mwali to come with a proposal on how can we forge this move into implementation/reality. This is SERIOUS.
It is indeed.
Maybe you should come with few ideas on what you want to achieve:
1. raise awareness: just let people know what is happening (facts, numbers, reports)
and let initiatives spring in all directions. basically you continiously provide information
Sometimes there are good news, sometimes bad news and sometimes secret information
hapa ni kuhakikisha watu wanajua kinacho endelea ili info hiyo iwasaidie kwa namna mbali mbali

2. Conduct researches: what is wrong, why are we not benefiting from the ressources
as other countries do. what can be done etc. and share it with people out there (accademic)
Unaweza kuanza sector moja moja: foretry, gold, uranium, tanzanite, fisheries
then also the different contexts: national, international companies or artisanal miners
and how different commodities/contexts have different outcomes/impacts out there
Lengo hasa ni kuweza kufungua macho hasa for the future, watu waelewe kua
just mining is not enough, lazima kumine in a certain way, under certain circumstances
involving certain stakeholeders, particular fiscal policies etc, ndio kuwe na matokeo chanya

3. propose a policy: spot the loophole in our policies and propose a correction,
then take the legislative steps toward a full legal change (KWA KUPITIA BUNGENI)
yani unachukua sharia ya madini (mfano) unaichambua, unaiandika upya kwa kuonesha kasoro
then unafanya chini juu ijadiliwe bungeni na mabadiliko hayo yapite. this is very political
It is a challenging task kama wewe sio mwanasiasa, ila it is a practical way to make change happen
(Nadhani hapa ndipo Kina Zitto na January wapo, but it is not the only way, fortunately)

4. A combination/succession of the above through a campaign.
hapa ni kuanzisha campaign hadi kieleweke. in this case you need to define your objective.
kwa sasa naona kama bado iko broad sana...

Sasa twambie kwanza hapo wewe unajiona wapi zaidi and just then
tuone kama wana JF wanaweza kujiunga na wewe au kutoa msaada
Kumbuka, kuna watu tayari in all of those areas, they are already working on the issue.
Itasaidia sana kama utaweza kuwapata and find out what more you can do in this regard.

1. raise awareness: just let people know what is happening (facts, numbers, reports) and let initiatives spring in all directions. basically you continiously provide information. Sometimes there are good news, sometimes bad news and sometimes secret information hapa ni kuhakikisha watu wanajua kinacho endelea ili info hiyo iwasaidie kwa namna mbali mbali
3. propose a policy: spot the loophole in our policies and propose a correction, then take the legislative steps toward a full legal change (KWA KUPITIA BUNGENI) yani unachukua sharia ya madini (mfano) unaichambua, unaiandika upya kwa kuonesha kasoro then unafanya chini juu ijadiliwe bungeni na mabadiliko hayo yapite. this is very political It is a challenging task kama wewe sio mwanasiasa, ila it is a practical way to make change happen (Nadhani hapa ndipo Kina Zitto na January wapo, but it is not the only way, fortunately).

I buy into the above options; 1&2

Mind that Tanzania has no yet set any POLICY, ACT, or GUIDELINE on Gas & Oil though activities are already at the highest level! Simply, one may say Gas & Oil businesses in Tanzania are astonishingly treated under Informal Business leave aside Informal Sector! So, we're suppossed to establish a level playing field and set the rules amidst of the international match! Can you sense here the magnitude of the problem we have?

I buy into the above options; 1&2

Mind that Tanzania has no yet set any POLICY, ACT, or GUIDELINE on Gas & Oil though activities are already at the highest level! Simply, one may say Gas & Oil businesses in Tanzania are astonishingly treated under Informal Business leave aside Informal Sector! So, we're suppossed to establish a level playing field and set the rules amidst of the international match! Can you sense here the magnitude of the problem we have?
Since it is a political agenda you want to promote, basi ungana na wale walisha anza
Zitto was in a European country recently to learn how they benefit from their ressources.
he talks about it here: Hope out of Relative Frustrations « Zitto na Demokrasia
It is relatively easier to promote your agenda working with him sababu ana access bungeni tayari.

Soma what are the policy reforms that he is proposing, and if they look like what you have in mind
then ask him what you can do to help.If you really want to make an impact I suggest uongane nae,
uone yeye anafanya nini, thenna wewe uone what are the areas that have not yet been coverd by his actions.
they have thought it carefully (I presume) and they might have a practical action plan on what to do.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel, just join forces. Then come and let me know what I can do to help.
In the mean time soma: http://www.thaddunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ResourceDependence.pdf
If you are interested I have more accademic material in this field that I can share with you (via mail)

Tatizo lnalotusumbua ni hawa vijana masharobaro na hawa wanaojiita maraisi wa usafi...

Frankly speaking vijana wa Tz cowardy sana labda kuondoa baadhi ya maeneo kama Arusha,Mbeya,Mwanza n.k

Am touched by your move. Am truly in support of your way forward. As much as I don't trust the intentions of some of the young politicians you have mentioned I do hundred percent in concur with the idea that we need to set the precedence in guidelines, regulations and law before we move in these " very tricky waters"

Sio wavijana tuu ni masharobaro hata wazeee na wale huko CCM haasa BUNGENI wengi wao kupiga meza tuu na kulala usingizi. Naona wengi wetu niwawoga kusonga mbele na kuongea. Vitisho ya hawa CCM na SERIKALI inafanya kwa wengi wetu niwawoga. Tunatakiwa wavijana tuwe gangari kama wa Egypti, Syria na Libya. Tusiongope tuwetayari kufa kwa nchi yetu

Back
Top Bottom